- Athletic Information
- Counseling - Student Services
- Graduation Information for 2022
- New to NW Information
- Understanding Canvas
- Frequently asked questions
- Technology Information
- “Pick up and Go” Meals Program
- Building Access
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2022-23:
- Northwest Office will be closed June 20th – July 25th
- Fee payment sessions: July 27th from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM and July 28th from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Senior Portraits – July 27 & 28 (watch for details in the mail)
- First day of school – 9th Grade with Link Crew– August 11th
- First day of school – 10th – 12th Grade – August 12th
- Yearbook Photos – August 12 & 15
FYI: We hope to have MacBooks available to check out on July 27th and 28th during fee payment.
More info to go out once we know for sure. Students new to SMSD will need to sign up for an appointment on the 28th as sign into all the district applications will take some time.
Transportation: Now is the time to secure 2022-23 bus service for your K-12 students.
The Shawnee Mission School District provides free bus transportation to students living 2.5 miles or more from the school in their attendance area. To receive free busing you must register with DS Bus Lines.
Click here for the link to the DS Bus Lines website.
Students who live less than 2.5 miles from the school in their attendance area may pay to ride the bus in areas with established routes. The 2022-23 bus rate is $185.00 per student, per semester or $370.00 per student for the school year. Routes will be established annually based on interest and enrollment numbers. Routes will be built around those who have registered by July 22 for the 2022-23 school year. To pay for busing visit DS Bus Lines website.
Families who pay fees by July 22, 2022 will receive a discount:
$160.00 per student per semester ($320.00 per year)
Payment must be received or postmarked by July 22, 2022, to receive the discount.
Sign up for Textcaster Alerts here to receive text messages when a bus is delayed more than 10 minutes. This is very convenient during times of bad weather.
Contact DS Bus Lines at 913-384-1190 with any questions.
E-Pass for Nurse:
Students must complete an E-Pass (see link) to see the nurse while at school. No student will be seen without an E-Pass. Incase of an emergency, call the nurse 3-7216.
- Dr. Lisa Gruman, Principal
- Mr. Britt Haney, Associate Principal Families Last Names H through O
- Mr. Eddie LyDay, Associate Principal Families Last Names P through Z
- Ms. Connie Springfield, Associate Principal Families Last Names A through G
- Mr. Angelo Giacalone, Athletic Director
- Ms. Colleen Lauer, Principal’s Secretary
NW Counseling Staff
- Dr. Marybeth Green Counseling Coordinator Families Last Names Mae through Rob
- Ms. Jessica Andrade Counselor Families Last Names Roc through S
- Ms. Jordan Landis Counselor Families Last Names T through Z
- Ms. Barb Legate Counselor Families Last Names F through Mad
- Mr. Rick Rogers Counselor Families Last Names A through E
- Ms. Tina Clark Social Worker Families Last Names A through L
- Ms. Melissa Osborn Social Worker Families Last Names M through Z
- Ms. Erica Jablonski Real World Learning Counselor
- Ms. Lisa Jones Counseling Secretary
- Mr. TL Foster Communities In Schools Coordinator