IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 2022 GRADUATES
SMNW Información de Graduación (enlace)
The livestreams of 2022 high school graduation ceremonies can be viewed by clicking the following link:
- May 19th: SM Northwest: https://youtu.be/3EUCetFIYjg
- SMSD 2022 Graduation Playlist (linked)
- In the weeks following the event, the ceremonies will be available here for download later in the summer: www.smsd.org/academics/graduation
The last day for Seniors is Friday May 13th. We will have graduation rehearsal in the NW gym on their last day. At the rehearsal students will receive their caps and gowns, and the allotted (6) tickets if we have to move the ceremony inside due to inclement weather.
Pay any fees which may have accumulated for your student before May 13th. Fee’s being charged can be found in Skyward. Please contact the bookkeeper, Kathleen Nicholson at 993-7200 or email@example.com if you have any questions about fees.
Graduation will be at Shawnee Mission North stadium May 19th at 7:00 p.m. The ceremony will be held outside so the seating is UNLIMITED. If we have inclement weather, the graduation ceremony will be moved inside SM North gymnasium and tickets will be required. SMSD district office will determine if the ceremony will be moved inside.
If the Johnson County Covid numbers change, we will follow the guidance by the SMSD district office on graduation procedures.
Seniors check Skyward for any fees due and fill out surveys in Skyward.
May 11th Odd Block
- Hour 1: Review
- Hour 3: Final
- Hour 5: Final
- Hour 7: Final
May 12th Even Block
- Hour 2: Final
- Seminar: Review
- Hour 4: Final
- Hour 6: Final
May 13th Odd Block (Last Day for Seniors)
- Hour 1: Final
- 9:15-10:30 Senior Breakfast in NW Cafeteria (PTA provided, free)
- 10:30-11:30 Check out in NW Gym (Bookkeeper and Counselors)
- 11:30-1:00 Graduation Rehearsal in NW Gym (cap and gown, 6 tickets in case of inclement weather)
May 13th Seniors last day:
- 9:15-10:30 am free breakfast provided by the PTA in the NW cafeteria.
- 10:30 check-out begins in the Main NW gym. Seniors will check out with the bookkeeper and counselors.
- Pay all fees/fines, parking tickets, lost book charges prior to May 13th. These can be found in Skyward.
- Contact bookkeeper Kathleen Nicholson, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Seniors will have their graduation rehearsal in the NW aux gym after the main gym check out.
- Must meet with the readers so they can check the correct way to pronounce the seniors name.
- 6 tickets (only if inclement weather) will be passed out by the readers. Unlimited guests for stadium seating.
May 19th Graduation at Shawnee Mission North Stadium
- Seniors will report to North AUDITORIUM at 6:00 pm!
- Dress code is:
- Slacks-NO jeans NO shorts, collared shirt with a tie, dress or polo shirt,
- Dress shoes. NO rubber flip flops, NO heels 4 inches or higher-walking on turf!
- If you do not have pockets, need to wear crossbody purse or fanny pack.
- Cell phones must be off and out of sight during ceremony.
- NO decorating caps or gowns, No flowers can be carried or worn on gown.